Needle Felting with Mary F.
Mary will be demonstrating how to needle felt and then there will be a chance to try it on your own. Bring wool or roving in colors suitable for your project. You can either bring your own needle felting tools or purchase some from Jeanne from Thistle Creek Alpaca. You need to let her know ASAP, so she has time to put the kits together.
From Mary: Hello Common Threads members,
It was so nice to see a few Common Threads members at the Ugly Duckling performance today, Sunday. For those who missed it, I will bring a few of the characters to the meeting as samples of 3-D wool sculpting. The songs and action portion will be hard to reproduce there but maybe you will catch a performance at some later date.
You will need a few items if you are interested in participating in the process that I will be demonstrating at the April meeting, such as:
- a dense foam pad( cushion foam works well or a fine auto washing sponge works too. What ever you use should be at least 2" thick
- felting needles of one or more sizes
- clean odds and ends carded wool fleece in of a variety of colors - coarse wools work best but any will do- I like to use a natural wool for the base then lay the colors over it for the finished product
- a picture of an animal or object that you may want to create a resemblance of or just wing it from memory. More of Mary's pieces, little birds and big bird.
Or order a kit from Jeanne M. Here's what she sent to me for you all to take advantage of.
- Foam/3 needles in a gallon freezer bag will be the best value for the group.
- They can choose whether to put it in a box or not.
- Dyed alpaca fiber available for those who are interested.
- Kits will be $10 or less.
- Fiber can be bought seperately.
There are enough needles to make 20-30 kits. Also, needles can be packaged separately. The amount of additional needles will be dependent upon how many kits we need.
Contact me via email. Thistlecreekalpaca@gmail.com. I accept payment via Paypal or pay me at the meeting.